Sunday, February 1, 2009

Obama

It comes in waves. Election Day, Inaugration Day, seeing the Obamas on people magazine when I am in the super market in Central Oregon...
The joy, the amazement, the enlightening belief that we did it, we the United States elected President Barack Obama. We want change, we want to change for our dreams.
I hear many of my friends talking about how happy they feel to be American, for the first time in a long time. We are onto something good. We are listening to mothers and children who want peace, a healthy planet, and a sustainable future. Wow, MAUmas, can we breathe in a collective sigh of thank goddess, that our global villiage is making headlines. We matter to our current administration.
There are so many levels of why this is glorious, who Obama is, what he stands for, his family, his global relationships...
I will work along side him, I will have hope, I will weave motherhood into my politics with new vigor and commitment. I will let this hope waterfall over my dreams.

No comments: